Tips for purchasing Headstones
Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:31:05 PM America/New_York
Tips for purchasing Headstones for Graves
- Check your local cemetery regulations, about the gravestone size, dimension, and the gravestones they do not allow. For example, some cemeteries only allow granite and bronze headstones.
- Decide the material, design, and inscriptionthat you want on the marker. You can go through various samples and choose the shape, style, and design of the gravestone you want, depending upon the nature and interests of the deceased.
Furthermore, you can personalize the tombstone by getting a meaningful symbol or photograph etched on it. Besides, you can buy a pre-need monument for yourself. **Make sure you check and re-check your design for any errors, because once it is engraved on the gravestone its forever!**
- In terms of material, people mostly choose graniteheadstones for graves because they are durable, attractive, and easy to maintain.
Marble and limestone gravestones are sedementry stone, making the engravings on these stones fade over a period of time to acid rain and other environmental factors.
- Compare prices of the headstones you have selected; it helps save money as you can purchase the stone from the dealer offering a genuine product at the lowest price.
- When buying a headstone or tombstone online, get a computer rendering for the product you choose to check the design before finalizing it.
Along with the gravestone or tombstone, you can purchase accessories such as flower pot holders, vases, ceramic photos, statues, wreath holders, flag holders, memorial lights, etc.
When purchasing a headstone online, some sites let you design your own headstone, and you can buy as per your convenience and avoid impulsive buying. In addition, it helps save money and you do not have to deal with annoying salespersons.
On the downside, you need to be careful while placing the order and check the credibility of the retailer. You can check with the Better Business Bureaus (BBB) to find out if any complaints or reports have been lodged against the company.
Customer service is another important criterion that you cannot afford to ignore. When you place the order, check the price (there should be no hidden costs) and delivery time frame.
Some parts of this article compliments of international southern cemetery gravestones association